1. Hi, we’re BOOTSWRAP and welcome! We’re happy to have you here and we hope you enjoy your stay. When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘BOOTSWRAP’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the BOOTSWRAP.
2. Wrap’s ecosystem of digital marketplaces helps millions of people around the world get creative and earn online. When you create an account and accept these terms you become a member of our community. You will have anBOOTSWTRAP account that will allow you to buy and sell items like the ones found on the BOOTSWRAP sire and make other related transactions.
3. The BOOTSWRAP site is platform that allows members to buy and sell licenses to use website themes.BOOTSWRAP facilitates transactions between us, buyers and authors via a payment method. Any transactions are logged on your member’s statement, which records the payments made by you to authors via BOOTSWRAP (as a buyer) and by buyers via BOOTSWRAP to you (as an author).
4. The items on BOOTSWRAP are owned by the authors, not by us. We provide a platform; we do not take ownership of the items or get any rights to use the items other than to make them available on and promote our sites.
HOW BROWSING AND MEMBERSHIP WORKS
6. Browsing: You need to be 13 years or over to browse the BOOTSWRAP. We don’t knowingly collect any information from anyone aged 13 or under. When browsing the sites you agree to follow our guidelines or instructions and keep in mind that these terms apply to any use of our sites whether or not you’re a member.
7. Age: You need to be 18 years or over to become a member. If you’re under 18 you will need to be under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age, and this adult will be responsible for all your activities.
8. Benefits: Membership is free. When you become a member you get an BOOTSWRAP account that is accessible from any of BOOTSWRAP (and is also your BOOTSWRAP account for other BOOTSWRAP services).
Your membership will allow you to ‘buy’ (license) items from authors, participate in our online forums, and generally contribute to our ecosystem of sites that help people get creative. Membership also gives you the opportunity to become an author (see section 28 – Becoming an Author) and earn referral income (see section 10 – Referrals).
9. Your responsibility: You promise that information you give us is true, accurate and complete and that you will keep your account information up-to-date (including a working email address). Your membership is not transferrable.
You are responsible for any use of the BOOTSWRAP that occurs in conjunction with your username and password so keep your password secure and don’t let any other person use your username or password on your behalf. If you realise there’s any unauthorised use of your password or any breach of security you need to let us know immediately.
It is important that you understand your responsibilities as a member of our community so please take the time to review this section and the BOOTSWRAP Terms carefully.
10. Referrals: As a part of our Affiliate Program, if you refer a new member to any of our BOOTSWRAP you will be eligible to receive affiliate income. You can find out more about the Affiliate Program and the terms applying to referrals here.
HOW BUYING ITEMS WORKS
This section will help you understand what you are buying when you purchase an item and how that transaction takes place on BOOTSWRAP.
11. The total price you’ll pay for an item on BOOTSWRAP is made up of several components including:
Different license types are available for you to choose when you have selected an item. You’ll need to think about the way you want to use the item so that you can pick the right license to allow that use. It’s your responsibility to choose the correct license for your requirements.For the different types of licenses and what they mean see our licensing page. This links to our licensing resources, and if you still have a licensing question you can open a support ticket.
Buyer Fee: When you ‘buy’ an item you’re also paying a price for the services you get from BOOTSWRAP like 24/7 buyer support, fraud protection, item quality control and other related buyer services.
Handling Fee: In some transactions on BOOTSWRAP the total price you pay may include a handling fee. See section 16 below for details about the handling fee. You can read more about the awesome buyer services you get from us over atWhy Buy From Us information page.
TRANSACTING AS A BUYER
12. You can make payments in one of two ways: you can ‘buy it now’ or you can buy BOOTSWRAP credits via yourBOOTSWRAP account.
13. BOOTSWRAP credits: When you deposit money into your BOOTSWRAP account it is converted by your financial institution from your currency to US Dollars. We then convert those US Dollars to BOOTSWRAP credits. BOOTSWRAPcredits are the virtual currency on BOOTSWRAP and one (1) BOOTSWRAP Credit is equal to one (1) US Dollar.
14. BOOTSWRAP credits can only be used to pay for BOOTSWRAP transactions. We do not generally refund any monies deposited to your BOOTSWRAP account to buy BOOTSWRAP credits (but you may have rights under an applicable consumer law, which we don’t exclude).
15. If you choose to buy using BOOTSWRAP credits, the total price you pay will be deducted from your BOOTSWRAPcredits.
16. If you choose to buy using a method that is not BOOTSWRAP credits you will be redirected to a payment method provider (a ‘*payment agent’), and you may be required to pay a handling fee charged over the item price.
17. Currency conversion costs: You are responsible for all costs of currency conversion relating to your BOOTSWRAPaccount. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don’t control either the conversion rates or your financial institution’s fees).
This means that you may incur additional costs when purchasing from BOOTSWRAP, which we have no control over.
18. Terms of buying: When you buy an BOOTSWRAP item you’re doing so on the following terms:
You promise to us and the author that you have carefully considered the suitability of your chosen license, and that you have chosen appropriately;
You cannot cancel a completed purchase of an item;
We and the authors do not promise that any particular item will continue to be available on BOOTSWRAP so you should download and save the item as soon as you buy it;
Once you purchase an item and you pay the item price, you acquire a non- exclusive license to use the item under the terms set out in the license (non-exclusive means others might also license the same item);
The author retains ownership of the item;
We have the right to enforce against you the terms of the license that you have acquired from an author.
It is important that you understand the terms on which you are making a purchase. Please take the time to review this section carefully.
19. What authors promise you about items: The author of an item you buy promises you that:
They own or have rights to use the intellectual property rights in that item and that item does not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party;
The item is not false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful or defamatory; the item does not violate any applicable law or regulation (including those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, pornography, anti-discrimination, trade practices or fair trading);
The item does not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware. This is what authors are promising you when you buy an item.
20. Taxes, fees and charges: You are responsible for paying all fees and taxes associated with your use of ourBOOTSWRAP sites wherever levied (including withholding tax, if applicable). We may collect geographical location information to determine your location, which may be used for tax purposes (so location information you give us must be accurate for tax residency purposes).
21. BOOTSWRAP credits expire: BOOTSWRAP credits expire if not used within 12 months from the date of deposit, and will be forfeited on the 12 month anniversary of the deposit date. If you deposit money to your BOOTSWRAPaccount at any time during that 12 month period before your BOOTSWRAP credits expire, the total balance of yourBOOTSWRAP credits (that is, both the new deposit and the balance of any unused older BOOTSWRAP credits) will become available for a further 12 months from the date of the new deposit.
If you don’t use your BOOTSWRAP credits within that further 12 months, the credits will be forfeited on the 12 month anniversary of the new deposit. We generally try to tell you beforehand when BOOTSWRAP credits are going to expire and be forfeited, but this is not always possible and we’re not obliged to warn you. Check your member’s statement regularly for details of expiry dates. If you have different rights under an applicable consumer law, we don’t exclude them.
If you haven’t used your BOOTSWRAP credits within 12 months they may expire.
22. Items with an incorrect price or incorrect information: Despite our reasonable efforts, items may occasionally be listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information. If this happens, we may cancel or reverse a transaction, even after it is completed and a payment has been processed. If we do this, we’ll promptly arrange for any payment to be credited or refunded and you must not use the item.
23. Given the nature of downloadable digital items, we do not generally offer a refund or credit on a purchase unless required under British consumer law or other relevant consumer protection laws. If you would like to request a refund or credit on a purchase, you should open a support ticket.
24. We will assess refund or credit requests on their merits, considering the digital nature of BOOTSWRAP items and the type of item preview that was available before purchase. There is no obligation to provide a refund or credit in situations like the following:
You have changed your mind about an item;
You bought an item by mistake;
You do not have sufficient expertise to use the item;
You ask for goodwill; or
You can no longer access the item because it has been removed by its author from BOOTSWRAP (we advise you to download items as soon as you buy them to avoid this situation).
25. If we decide to issue a refund or credit, this will be done using the same manner used to make the purchase. So if the item was bought using BOOTSWRAP credits, you will be given credit in BOOTSWRAP credits; if the item was bought using a particular payment method you will be refunded using the same payment method in reverse. Any payment made to you (not BOOTSWRAP credits) will be made in US Dollars, under the rules of the payment method(see section 17 – Currency conversion costs about currency conversion back to your local currency).
It is important that you understand how refunds work on BOOTSWRAP.
26. Disputes lodged with payment agents: If, as a buyer, you lodge a dispute with a payment agent, this will result in a freezing of your BOOTSWRAP account until the dispute raised with the payment agent has been closed. This makes it very complex to resolve any related issues, and means we cannot make payments or issue refunds out of yourBOOTSWRAP account, so we encourage buyers to contact us directly first to see if we can help resolve any concerns.
27. Fine print: We are not a bank or licensed deposit taker in VIB or elsewhere, your credits are not deposits under British law about banks, and that means you don’t get the benefit of any deposit insurance or guarantee under those laws. We don’t act as a fiduciary or as a trustee for you, and we’re not a licensed financial service provider.
BECOMING AN AUTHOR
28. Imagine creating what you want, when you want, from the comfort of your own home, making passive income whether you’re working or not. Some of our authors sell stock items in their free time as a hobby, some do it to get their name out there, and some are able to make it their full time profession. If you want to get involved in our community as an author find out how here. Remember that if you become an author these terms will continue to apply, along with the Author Terms you’ll sign up to as an author.
To find out more about how to become an Author visit the ‘Become an Author’ guide here.
29. What we own: We own all the BOOTSWRAP Content that we have put on BOOTSWRAP (unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others). This includes the design, compilation, and look and feel of the BOOTSWRAP, and copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on BOOTSWRAP.
We own all the trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names on BOOTSWRAP (unless otherwise stated and excluding these things owned by others). You will not copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of ourBOOTSWRAP Content or use any of our intellectual property in any way not expressly stated in these terms.
30. What we don’t own: We do not own the items on BOOTSWRAP; our authors do. So we cannot take responsibility for the quality, safety or legality of the items. We do not warrant that the items or any member content, code, data or materials available on or via the BOOTSWRAP do not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party. (Each author provides warranties to you directly when you purchase their item – see section 19 – What authors promise you about items.)
31. Copyright, trademark and intellectual property claims: We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we require that authors do the same. If you believe that an item or member content infringes an intellectual property right(including copyright) please see the information in our Content Policy.
Our Content Policy is where you will find all the information relating to how we treat intellectual property onBOOTSWRAP including copyright and other rights.
USE OF INFORMATION
32. Privacy: We respect your privacy. When you become a member you will be asked to provide some information about yourself. This information may be used by us and contractors in connection with providing the BOOTSWRAPand it’s services, including marketing activities.
33. Confidential Information: We value your information and take reasonable precautions to protect it. While we take reasonable steps to preserve the security of your information, please be aware that we can’t promise that your use of the BOOTSWRAP will be confidential, and we can’t promise that any information you provide to us is perfectly secure. While using the BOOTSWRAP, you may also become aware of confidential information about us or another member. You promise to not disclose any confidential information made available to you through the BOOTSWRAP to any other person.
34. Prohibited Conduct: BOOTSWRAP is founded on the idea of community and like any functioning and healthy community, some things are not allowed and will not be tolerated. We aim to take a common sense approach to the general code of conduct on BOOTSWRAP but you promise that you will not:
Use a false email address, impersonate others, or misrepresent your affiliation with others;
attempt to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or content through the BOOTSWRAP;
Attempt to contact other members through the BOOTSWRAP or use any information gained from the BOOTSWRAPwith the intention to make a private arrangement that would otherwise be made using the BOOTSWRAP;
Enter any arrangements that are not consistent with these terms or the Author Terms;
Use information gathered from or through the BOOTSWRAP in a way that may confuse or mislead consumers (for example, automatically gathering information to set up a site that looks like one of our sites);
Attempt to or actually interrupt, negatively impact or alter the BOOTSWRAP operation in any way;
Use the BOOTSWRAP or any of the content in a way that violates applicable law, that violates the intellectual property or other rights of us or others, or that is fraudulent, obscene, unprofessional, offensive, misleading or defamatory;
Modify, reproduce, display, publish, distribute, copy, transmit, perform, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, content, software, or item obtained from or through the BOOTSWRAP, other than in accordance with these terms or the license for the item.
35. We strongly recommend that you don’t make your contact details public on the BOOTSWRAP or in any communications via the BOOTSWRAP. Contact details include your email address, street address, Skype name and phone number (but not social network handles). If you do, it must not be for any reason prohibited undersection 34(c) – Prohibited Conduct and you do so at your risk!
36. Content removal: We can look at or remove any of your content for any reason at our discretion. Reasons might include quality assurance, if we receive a valid copyright take-down notice, if we think that the use of your content is unauthorised, misleading, incorrect, offensive, or in breach of anyone else’s rights, or if we think that your use of theBOOTSWRAP and any content might result in liability to us or anyone else.
37. Community participation: We take great pride in our global and thriving community—it’s part of what makes theBOOTSWRAP such a friendly place. We focus on transparency and mutual respect and invite you to participate, give feedback and have your say. Before participating on the BOOTSWRAP, please read theCommunity Guidelines, as you agree to follow them as part of these terms.
LINKING; APPS MADE BY OTHERS
38. Linking to the BOOTSWRAP: We’d be delighted if you decide to link to BOOTSWRAP from other sites, but you have to link to a full version of a page as seen by someone navigating directly to the BOOTSWRAP sites and looks the way we’ve intended and not link directly to an image hosted on the BOOTSWRAP. That includes no “in-line” linking methods resulting in images hosted on the BOOTSWRAP being displayed on other sites. You must not “frame” anyBOOTSWRAP pages by surrounding those pages with someone else’s content, materials or branding. We reserve the right to insist that any link to the BOOTSWRAP be discontinued, and to revoke your ability to link to the BOOTSWRAP.
39. Links from the BOOTSWRAP: The BOOTSWRAP may contain links to other non-BOOTSWRAP site. We have no control or responsibility over anything on those sites, and do not endorse or sponsor those sites, even if they are affiliated to us.
40. Third party developers: We welcome the contribution of our members and broader community, who offer applications that work with BOOTSWRAP. You will need to form your own view about these applications and their developers; we’re not able to warrant or endorse those applications and disclaim liability relating to these applications.
41. Eligibility, suspension or termination: Membership is not an automatic right, it is a benefit for community members who follow our reasonable rules and treat other community members well. We hope that you will be with us for a long time. But we do reserve the right, based on our reasonable discretion, to determine whether or not your use of theBOOTSWRAP complies with these terms. We can suspend or terminate your BOOTSWRAP account at any time for any reason (acting reasonably of course), including if you don’t comply with these terms. If we do decide to permanently terminate your BOOTSWRAP account you must not apply for a new account as unfortunately you will no longer be welcome in our community.
OUR INDEMNITY TO YOU
42. We provide the BOOTSWRAP, not the items on the BOOTSWRAP. We are liable and responsible for:
Our use of the BOOTSWRAP;
The services, message, BOOTSWRAP Content, software or other information we send through the BOOTSWRAP;
BOOTSWRAP Content breaching of any intellectual property rights belonging to others;
Our breach of these terms;
our breach of any industry code, regulation or law that applies.
43. You have no responsibility to us for, and we agree to indemnify you from, all liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and loss arising from third party claims due to any of the matters set out in the previous section 42 – Our indemnity to you.
YOUR INDEMNITY TO US
44. You are liable and responsible for:
Your use of the BOOTSWRAP;
The items, message, content, information, software or other materials you send through the BOOTSWRAP;
Your content breaching any intellectual property rights belonging to others;
Your breach of these BOOTSWRAP;
Your breach of any license of an item;
Your breach of any industry code, regulation or law that applies.
45. We have no responsibility to you or to any another person for all liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees)and loss arising from third party claims due to any of the matters set out in the previous section 44 – Your indemnity to usand you agree to indemnify us, our directors, officers, employees and agents from all losses.
This means that you protect us from costs and claims that happen because of your actions on the BOOTSWRAP.
46. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defence of such claim.
47. Availability: We strive to have the BOOTSWRAP available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week but you know how the internet works: occasionally you might not be able to access the BOOTSWRAP, and this might happen for any reason, at any time, with or without notice, or at our absolute discretion. We might also change aspects of howBOOTSWRAP works. We will not be liable to you for any loss you suffer as a result of these things.
48. Third party: If you’re agreeing to these terms on behalf of someone else (like your employer), then you’re promising to us that you have full legal authority to bind that third party.
49. Disclaimer: In some places there may be consumer or fair trading laws that apply and that may give you rights that we cannot exclude, restrict or modify (‘non-excludable law’). We do not exclude or modify any non-excludable law. Except as provided in a non-excludable law, we are bound only by the express promises made in these terms and we are not bound by implied terms. Except as provided in a non-excludable law, our and each author’s liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is limited, at our or the author’s option, to either replacement or paying the cost of replacement.
50. Relationship between the parties: Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us, or between you and any other member. Neither you nor us can bind each other in any way. We are, however, an agent of the authors only for the limited purposes of the authors’ providing warranties to buyers in section 19 – What authors promise you about items and the disclaimer of authors’ liability to buyers in section 49 – Disclaimer.
51. Notices: Any notice you send us must be submitted via a support ticket. Any notice we send to you will be emailed to your BOOTSWRAP account email address.
52. Changes to BOOTSWRAP Terms: Although we can change any of our terms at any time we will take reasonable steps to let you know when we do so.
53. Interpretation: Words like ‘include’ and ‘including’ are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our sole discretion.
54. Applicable Laws: We control and operate the BOOTSWRAP from our offices in BIV. The laws of Victoria, UK govern these user terms, and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there.
A Member who makes items available for sale on BOOTSWRAP.
A Member who ‘buys’ items on BOOTSWRAP.
is all the content that we have put on BOOTSWRAP and includes the design, compilation, and look and feel of the BOOTSWRAP, and copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on the BOOTSWRAP (unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others like Author content).
Digital goods found on BOOTSWRAP like WordPress themes.
When we refer to the ‘BOOTSWRAP’ we’re talking about the BOOTSWRAP site.
What you receive when you become a Member which gives you access to any of the BOOTSWRAP.
A person who signs up by creating an account and accepting these terms.
The record of payments by you to BOOTSWRAP (as a Buyer) and by BOOTSWRAP to you (as an Author).
Any payment agent or method we make available on the BOOTSWRAP.
Everything that you post on the BOOTSWRAP, or send via the BOOTSWRAPt to other members and to us including items, files, communications and materials.